Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Awh Yeah.

I am sitting at my host-parents' computer in my underpants, enjoying a bag of cookies and basking in the glory of freedom. In just a few minutes I will be heading over to the SIT office to hand in the final copy of my Independent Study Project. I still have to present my project to the "INTERSOMETHINGMENTAL PANEL" of SIT, but that will be over before I can hop, skip and fall on my face.

In exactly one week, I will be on a TAM flight on my way back to the U.S.A. Wow. If you are looking for trip reflections, declarations, or exclamations of glory, you won't find them here. In fact, I really don't know if there are any to be made. Quite similar to the London quote I posted in an early entry, no long periods of time can be summed up by a statement that "it was good," or "bad," let alone three months in a completely foreign area. Over the span of the trip I have had every imaginable physical, emotional and mental feeling towards most of the world. It is hard to imagine that the experiences had here could ever be understood by a mind that was not present, experiencing the very same roller coaster of life. In a precursor to the conversation that I know I will be having with way more people than I can count, I will say this: Brazil was great. Brazil was terrible. Brazil was unique. Brazil was an experience that I will never forget.


For those of you who have stuck it out the whole semester with me, thanks for taking an interest in my demure, everyday life, and I will try to make updates on my post-brazil life and I will surely be keeping up the photo web site.


Cowabunga.
Andrew

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yo, sweet-ass post. i feel you on the whole "change" question. so i will see you very soon then? i get back the 17th, wheeee! hasta entonces..